The 9th Annual International Conference on Sustainable Development will take place on 20-22 September, 2021. The 2021 conference theme is Research for Impact: An Inclusive and Sustainable Planet.
The Cluster for Sustainability Transition ( ReSEES at AUEB, ΕΙΤ Climate- KIC Hub Greece & SDU at “Athena” RC and SDSN Greece) will participate at the 9th Annual ICSD in several sessions.
On Monday 20/9
- At 9am CET, Plenary 2 | The EU’s Plan towards the Future We Want: Fireside Chat on the European Green Deal: Koundouri will moderate the SDSN Europe session and she will be talking to Ketan Patel, Mary Ritter, Laura Piovesan and Antoine Oger on the EU’s plan towards the future we want.
- At 10:00-12:00 CEST, Parallel Session 2D | Theme: Interdisciplinary Research for Sustainable Blue Growth: Prof. Koundouri will moderate the session together with Mounir Ghribi and speakers will be Prof. Maria Cristina Pedicchio and Prof. Nicolaos Theodossiou. The session will focus on interlinking governance, industry, and academia, which are often disconnected, to invigorate sustainable blue growth in maritime sectors.
- At 15:00-17:00 CEST, Parallel Session 3C | Theme: Water-Energy-Food Nexus Research Impact and Stakeholder Engagement: Lydia Stergiopoulou, Researcher at ReSEES/AUEB and SDU at “Athena” RC, will present the paper “Multi-Actor Working Groups as fora for WEF Nexus Innovation and Resilience” and AWESOME project which is under Resees/AUEB and with Scientific Responsible Prof. Phoebe Koundouri.
On Tuesday 21/9
- At 12:30-13:30 CEST | Poster Session 3, Mrs Eleni Toli, Researcher at SDU at “Athena ”RC, will present their paper “Challenges for the Sustainable Water Management in techno-environmentally heterogenous regions: the case of Trikala region – Greece”. We encourage you to use this hour to view the posters, comment, and/or engage with the poster authors via chat. Posters presenters in this session have been made aware to be online and ready to respond to comments and messages from participants to help facilitate real-time engagement.
- At 15:00-17:00 CEST, Parallel Session 8B | Theme: Sustainable Finance for the Implementation of the Paris Climate Agreement: Prof. Phoebe Koundouri will be talking with Dimitris Dimitriadis, European Economic and Social Committee Belgium. This session will discuss mobilizing financial resources for climate action as an economic recovery model to the pandemic.
- At 10.00- 12.00 CEST, Parallel Session 7D | Theme: Systems Approaches for Sustainability: Alice Guittard, Researcher at ICRE8, SDSN Greece and SDU at Athena Research Center will present their paper “A systems approach for the sustainable development of coastal-rural regions” and COASTAL project which is under ICRE8 and with Scientific Responsible Prof. Koundouri.
Learn more: https://ic-sd.org/