The Black Sea Accelerator is supporting sustainable blue economy solutions across the Black Sea region, with the aim to foster sustainable and circular innovation in the Black Sea area. The accelerator is promoted in the context of the “DOORS: Developing Optimal and Open Research Support’ for the Black Sea” and “BRIDGE-BS: Advancing Black Sea Research and Innovation to Co-Develop Blue Growth within Resilient Ecosystems”, a H2020-funded project.
The call is open for Black Sea based applicants (individuals) but also to non-regional applicants exporting solutions in the region. More applications are foreseen as the support provided will be offered through training and advisory services provided online. In principle the language of such services will be English but some ad-hoc language might be offered (to be confirmed).
Both emerging and established (market ready) solutions are eligible (Technology Readiness Level 4 and above) in the following areas of cooperation:
- Ocean observation and monitoring
- Ports, Transport & Logistics
- Fisheries & Aquaculture practices
- Tourism and recreational activities
- Blue-biotech and related products
- Sustainable and renewable energy
- Nature-based solutions and services (coastal/marine)
What support you can get from the Accelerator for your idea?
- Expert support > support market analysis, or other strengthening services are offered via ad hoc consulting (individual applicants) for techs/services still needing improvement;
- Start-up support > in case of valuable business mentoring support can be provided (directly or combined with other initiatives);
- Facilitate financing/investments > “investors pitching” training sessions (in groups) are offered and support for access to finance;
- Access to market (non-Black Sea applicants) > support is offered to put solutions providers in contact with local potential partners interested in the proposed technologies/services – solutions should be at least Technology Readiness Level
Elements considered in the assessment of the application received, reflected in the Application Form:
- Local and regional impact across the Black Sea region
- Quality of solution (technology, service, product)
- Team and motivation
- Relevance and feasibility
- Scalability through TRL levels
- Additional criteria (innovation of solutions and cross-border/regional scope)
Support will be provided on the basis of the need expressed in the application form and through group training sessions (offered online). The best applicants (e.g. most innovative, best progress during the support period, greater impact potentials) will be symbolically awarded during the 2nd High-Tech Summit for the Black Sea (HTS4BS) to be held in April/May 2024.
Interested applicants must send duly filled in “Black Sea Accelerator Application Form”. Questions and further inquiries can be made to the following email: email@example.com
Further details on the call, its timeline, the services offered are available on the BRIDGE-BS website.
Deadline for applications1: 31 October 2023, 06:00 PM CET.